Want to expand your career opportunities as an IT specialist? Get certified by Cisco. Prepare with a Cisco certification training course to guarantee success. Not sure what certification best suits your background and purposes? Don’t worry. This guide can help you out.
Here’s a guide to all the Cisco certification tests that you can take to enhance your career opportunities.
These are the recommended certifications for people interested in launching a professional networking career. They include:
- Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) – This involves the implementation of basic network security and the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of an enterprise network branch or a small network.
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) – This involves diagnosing issues, fixing or replacing network-related equipment, and working onsite at various locations. Individuals aiming for this certification have the following specialty tracks to choose from:
- CCT Data Center
- CCT Routing and Switching
Entry-level certifications have no pre-requisites. People with or without IT background may take these exams.
These are the recommended for people who have an entry-level Cisco credential and want to expand their career options. They include:
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) – This involves designing basic wired/wireless networks and implementing voice and security solutions.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – This involves installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks. Individuals aiming for this certification have the following specialty tracks to choose from.
- CCNA Cloud
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNA Cyber Ops
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Industrial
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNA Wireless
These are the ideal certifications for people who wish to advance their associate-level Cisco credentials. They include:
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) – This involves designing and implementing scalable and multilayer-switched networks.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – This involves planning, implementing, deploying, and troubleshooting local and wide area networks. Individuals aiming for this certification have the following specialty tracks to choose from:
- CCNP Cloud
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNP Data Center
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Service Provider
- CCNP Wireless
These are recommended for people who want to establish their skill level. They include:
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) – This involves designing infrastructure solutions for large and expansive enterprise environments—including the project’s business, budget, technological, and operations aspects.
- Cisco Certified Interwork Expert (CCIE) – This involves determining the professional’s technical knowledge and skills of Cisco products and solutions.
- CCIE Collaboration
- CCIE Data Center
- CCIE Routing and Switching
- CCIE Security
- CCIE Service Provider
- CCIE Wireless
The Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) is one of the highest levels of architecture accreditation achievable to date. It is valid for five years. After which, the Cisco professional must retake and pass the exam.
Now that you know the gist of each certification-level, let’s establish their validity period.
The entry-, associate-, and professional-level certifications are acknowledged for up to three years. The expert-level certifications, meanwhile, are valid for two years. Once the results expire, certified professionals must either retake their exam or advance to a higher Cisco certification level.
Have you determined which your certification objective? If so, don’t waste a single second of your preparation period. Enroll in a program for Cisco training in Makati today!